As many of my close friends and family know, I LOVE reading travel blogs and often find myself lost in a sea of computer tabs with articles to be read. This week, one of the Facebook blogging groups I’m a member of posted about the Liebster Award: an internet award “given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to recognize their work.”
It functions in the same way a chain letter would. Here’s more or less what can happen:
- You are nominated by a fellow blogger.
- Complete a list of questions made by the blogger who nominated you (and thank them!)
- Write a new list of questions.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers who have less than 1,000 followers (others say even less)
You can choose to continue or break the chain, so I choose to continue of course!
Caitlin of Escape Reno nominated me and these are her questions for me:
1. Where’s your favorite spot in the USA?
Besides home, I love Bailey Island, Maine. It’s simply stunning. 2. What’s the best food you’ve eaten while traveling?
Oh my gosh, that’s so hard. I will forever remember eating a delectable crème brûlée at a café in Paris. It was sort of expensive, but a worthwhile splurge.
3. What souvenir do you collect from your travels?
I always buy postcards of all the places I’ve been to. Other than that, my boyfriend and I have started collecting magnets from each place we’ve visited, and I go overboard with my own photos (if that counts!).
4. Tell me about your most adventurous excursion while traveling.
My whole study abroad experience in Costa Rica was quite adventurous, but one of the coolest memories from that trip was climbing into a hollow tree to see some sleeping bats. It was wild! 5. What made you want to write about traveling?
Growing up, I always kept journals whenever I traveled. However, I didn’t start blogging until I studied abroad for a year in Seville, Spain; it was a great way to keep friends and family back home up-to-date with my experiences. Since then, I’ve read countless travel blogs that ultimately inspired me to start Oregonian Overseas. In a sense, blogging is my new form of journaling and I love combining stories with my photos! 6. Snow or sand?
Mmmm, sand. And sea glass hunting!
7. What’s the biggest road trip you’ve ever taken?
I think the biggest road trip I took was from Newport, Oregon to San Francisco, California. I remember going all the way to San Diego when I was a child, but I don’t remember if we drove there or not!
8. Where’s the one place you’ve visited that you’d love to go back to?
I would LOVE to return to the Galapagos Islands. There’s nowhere like it in the world and I love any trips that involve animals or nature. I was literally this close to the seal’s face when I took this picture: 9. How do you feel about solo travel?
Like Elizabeth Gilbert, I think solo travel could be a great way to “find oneself” but I’ve never had a solo trip of my own. Perhaps there will be an opportunity for me in the future, but for now I enjoy traveling with others!
10. How has traveling changed your life?
My parents exposed me to traveling from day one and it’s become a passion since then. It’s made me more independent and confident. It’s also made me appreciate “the little things” such as a hot shower and makes me realize that you really don’t need more than what can fit into a suitcase. Other than that, traveling has only worsened my case of wanderlust!
Here is the list of bloggers I’d like to nominate for the Liebster Award:
Genevieve from Wayfaring Wanders
Samantha from Samantha’s Brewed Awakening
Sharad and Richa from All Places to Go
Jodie from the Traveliste
Sona from Vacation Begins
Questions for the nominees:
- What’s the #1 place you’d like to visit one day?
- Why do you think traveling is important?
- What’s the longest layover you’ve experienced and where?
- What’s your favorite travel-related book or movie?
- In which country or city have you had the best cup of coffee?
- What’s your favorite method of transportation?
- Hostels or hotels?
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- What trip has had the biggest impact on your life?
- What are three items you refuse to travel without?